Last Updated: 21 May 2018
|Information We Collect||We may collect your information in connection with your abstract submission, scientific programme invitation and registration. Learn more|
|How We Use Your Information||We may collect your information in connection with your abstract submission, scientific programme invitation and registration. Learn more|
|How We Share Your Information||We may share your information with scientific programme management and registration companies, software providers, audio visual providers, service providers and other third parties to fulfil your requests, and as otherwise consented to by you or as permitted by applicable law. We act as the data processor of your information. Learn more|
|Security of Your Information||We maintain commercially-reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your information. Learn more|
|Your Choices||You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, change your communication preferences, update your location sharing, and/or opt-out of certain sharing of your information with third parties. Learn more|
|Access and Correction of Your Information||We provide you the opportunity to access, correct and update your information. Learn more|
|Links to Other Websites||Our Website may contain links to other websites or services that are not owned or controlled by ACS Global Management Services Limited, including links to websites of our sponsors and partners. Learn more|
|Changes to This Policy||You will be notified about any material changes to this Policy via a posting on our Website, and as otherwise required by applicable law. Learn more|
|Contact Us||If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us. Learn more|
I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information. By visiting or using our Website, we may collect the following categories of personal information (” personal information “) you provide to us: name; email address; postal address; phone number (including your mobile phone number); billing information; survey responses; demographics; current and past congress ; searches; website; dietary requirements; marketing responses; photos of you ; account settings; contact information of people you add to (co-authors), or notify us, regarding your abstract submission, registration or invited faculty activity; names and email addresses of co-authors and other information you provide on our Website; and other information you may provide about yourself or others to our Website or to which you provide us with access via third-party platforms.
We do not proactively collect personal information considered as sensitive personal information such as health-related information. However, our Website includes text boxes which are designed for you to provide your choice of certain information regarding your congress preferences. You should be aware that information you freely submit in these boxes may reveal to us or our third parties with whom we share information (as detailed in the How We Share Your Information section, below) certain information that may be considered as sensitive personal information under applicable law. For certain services on our Website, credit or debit card account information may be required.
In addition, we may receive certain categories of personal information listed above and some device information listed below (such as your name, email, browsing history on our website and other details) from sources other than you, such as from third-party websites, applications, and services (each, a ” third-party platform”). If you are an existing abstract submitter, faculty or previous congress attendee, we will combine this information with information we collect on our Website and use it for the purposes described below.
Device Information. By using this website, various technical data will be collected automatically. Among this, but not restricted to, is the following information; operating system, browser type and version used, referrer URL, IP address, date and time of access. This data will be saved routinely and deleted automatically after an appropriate period of time. This data may be linked to individual user data. The use of some services may require the acceptance of cookies (text files that may, for example, contain your preferences and login data to allow automatic log-in and extended functionality). The usage of cookies can be configured in the settings of your computer; where you may also delete them.
Location Information. If you use our Site, we may receive your generic location (such as city or neighbourhood) or, with your consent, precise geographic location data from your mobile device when the app is running and when it is not running. We may, for example, receive this information when you register or submit your abstract or in your comments or communications with us. We may use and store this information to provide and improve features of our Website. Please see the Your Choices section, below, for more information about how to adjust your preferences, including those related to location information.
Personal information, device information, and location information are collectively referred to as ” your information.”
Our Website is for persons 16 or older. As such, ACS Global Management Services Limited does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 unless the information provided has been given by their parent/carer/guardian. If you learn that your child has provided us with their information without your consent and he or she is under the age of 16, please let us know by email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we may remove it from our systems.
II. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information for the following purposes (” Purposes”):
All data mentioned above will only be collected as necessary for the provision of the services described (non-optional fields). Additional data may be provided voluntarily (optional fields) to increase the quality of service. All data is being collected, saved, processed and deleted according to UK data protection laws and regulations. Whenever necessary for the provision of services, data may be transmitted to sub-contractors or service providers. This may include transmission of data to other countries, including countries outside the European Union. Your data may be made available to governmental authorities, e.g. if a venue has increased security regulations. Your data may also be used for communication and information related to the event. According to your preferences stated in section “Acceptance” at the end of the registration form, your data may also be used for further purposes (see further paragraphs).
Combined Information. We may combine your personal information with device information and location information (with your consent, where required) to serve you specifically, when processing your registration request and abstract submission, according to your preferences or restrictions, or for promotion of other congresses or memberships. When we combine personal information, device information and location information in this way, we treat it as, and apply all of the safeguards in this Policy applicable to your information.
Electronic Communications. Consistent with the above Purposes, we may communicate with you via electronic messages, including email, or mobile push notification to, for example: send you information relating to your registration and/or abstract submission and/or scientific programme, including registration and/or abstract submission confirmations and updates, receipts, technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and/or, subject to the Your Choices section, below, and/or applicable law, communicate with you about upcoming congresses, and other news about congresses and memberships ACS Global Management Services Limited and other business partners. With your consent, where required, we may contact you at the mobile phone number that you provide to us by way of direct dial calls, in connection with the above Purposes.
Our Role as Data Processor. We act as the data processor of your information.; however, on occasion under certain circumstances we may engage with a third party to provide them with certain processing services related to information owned or controlled by them.
Aggregated Information. We may aggregate personal information collected from you and other users as well as device information and location information (with your consent, where required) to produce general statistics that cannot be linked to you or any other specific user and with which we attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve our services, and to analyse and understand how our Website and products are used.
Retention. We will retain your information for the period necessary to fulfil the Purposes outlined in this Policy and as otherwise needed to comply with applicable law and internal company policies.
III. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
a. Information Shared with Third Parties
Whenever necessary for the provision of services, data may be transmitted to sub-contractors or service providers. This may include transmission of data to other countries, including countries outside the European Union. Your data may be made available to governmental authorities, e.g. if a venue has increased security regulations. Your data may also be used for communication and information related to the event.
b. Payment Card Information To use certain services on our Website (such as to register for the congress), we may require credit or debit card account information. By submitting your credit or debit card account information through our Website, to the extent permitted by applicable law, you consent to the sharing of your information with ACS Global Management Services Limited, third-party payment processors, and other third-party service providers (including, but not limited to, vendors who provide fraud detection services to us and other third parties), and you further agree to the following terms.
- When you initially provide your credit or debit card account information through our Website in order to use our registration services, we provide your credit or debit card account information to our third-party payment service providers. As explained in the congress Terms and Conditions, these third parties may store your credit or debit card account information, so you can use our registration payment services through our Website in the future to the extent permitted by local law.
- For information about the security of your credit or debit card account information, see the Security of Your Information section, below. c. Information You Share Socially Our Website may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with friends. Our Website may also allow you to connect with us on, share on, and use third-party platforms, including those on which ACS Global Management Services Limited has a presence. Please be mindful of your personal privacy needs and the privacy needs of others as you choose whom to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. ACS Global Management Services Limited also does not control the privacy practices of third-party platforms. Please contact those website and services directly to learn about their privacy practices. d. Other Sharing We do not share your information with third parties other than as described above and as follows:
- We may share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners in the U.K. and worldwide, including sub-contractors, services providers and additional entities, such as A111 Power of Conference Service Ltd, CVENT, E-Touches, PharmaService, M-Events to the extent necessary for managing our business related to our website and the purposes. By visiting or using our websites or otherwise providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer of your information. To learn more about your choices related to how we share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners, please see the Your Choices section, below.
- We may share information with third parties (exhibitors/sponsors) for their own marketing purposes, which are subject to the separate privacy policies of such third parties. We will do this on the basis of your consent, where required by law, and if not required by law on the basis of our legitimate interests in sharing data with our partners so that we can help you see offers and services which are most relevant to you. To learn more about your choices related to how we share your information with third parties, please see the Your Choices section, below.
- We may share information with service providers who perform functions on our behalf (e.g., hosting or operating our websites, data collection, reporting, site analytics, data analysis, processing credit card payments, and providing fraud detection services). We do not authorise these third parties to use your information for purposes other than for which it has been provided, and do not authorise these third parties to disclose that information to unauthorised parties. We require these third parties to maintain appropriate security to protect your information from unauthorised access or processing.
- We may disclose your information to regulatory authorities, courts, government agencies and other third parties where we believe that doing so would be in accordance with or permitted or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process, to defend the interests, rights, and/or property of ACS Global Management Services Limited or others, or to respond to emergencies.
- We may disclose or transfer your information to a third party if we sell, transfer, divest, or disclose all or a portion of our business or assets to another company in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding.
- We may share aggregate statistical data for the improvement of services offered by our websites. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties in our discretion.
- We may otherwise share your information as directed by you or subject to your consent. IV. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION ACS Global Management Services Limited takes commercially-reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. When your credit or debit card account information is being transmitted through our Website, it will be by secure transaction information via a secure connection to the Processor. To be clear, ACS Global Management Services Limited does not itself store your credit or debit card account information, and we do not have direct control over or responsibility for your credit or debit card account information. We use third party payment processors that are the controllers of your credit card information. Our contracts with third parties that receive your credit or debit card account information require them to keep it secure and confidential.
V. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We collect information about your usage and activity on our Website using certain technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. Third parties may also view, edit, or set their own cookies. We and our third-party service providers, advertisers, and/or partners may also place web beacons for such third parties. The use of these technologies by such third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and is not covered by this Policy, except as required by law. VI. YOUR CHOICES Email. If you do not want to receive marketing and promotional emails from ACS Global Management Services Limited, please email us at email@example.com, writing “opt-out” in the subject heading, to remove you from our marketing email communications.
Alternatively, to the extent that applicable law requires your prior opt-in consent to receive marketing and promotional emails, you can choose not to opt-in. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from one or all of our Websites, we may need to send you service-related communications, such as confirmations of any registration/abstract submissions you have made. Mobile Push Notifications. You can use the settings on your mobile device to enable or turn off mobile push notifications from ACS Global Management Services Limited. Cookie Choices. To exercise choices regarding cookies set through our website, as well as other types of online tracking and internet advertising, see our Cookies and other Tracking Technologies for more details. Application location choices. As detailed in the Information We Collect section, above, we may collect information about your location if you enable location services through the settings in your mobile device, or, as required, with your consent. You can change the privacy settings of your device at any time to turn off the sharing of this location information with our Website. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our Website. If you have specific questions about the privacy settings of your device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your device or your mobile service provider for help. In addition to the above methods of exercising choice, to the extent required by applicable law, we may provide you with additional choices regarding the processing of your information, which you may exercise by contacting us as detailed in the Contact Us section, below. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable as required by applicable law.
VII. ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
For your registration and abstract submission if you would like to update the information you have provided to us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the congress details you wish to amend. To make changes to your registration you may also contact us as detailed in the Contact Us section, below.
VIII. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES Our websites may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by ACS Global Management Services Limited, including links to websites of our sub-contractors, service providers, additional entities, exhibitors and sponsors. This Policy only applies to information collected by our websites. We have no control over these third-party websites, and your use of third party websites and features are subject to privacy policies posted on those websites. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy or business practices of any third-party websites linked to our websites. Your use of third parties’ websites linked to our websites is at your own risk, so we encourage you to read the privacy policies of any linked third-party websites when you leave one of our websites.
IX. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY Except to the extent limited by applicable law, we reserve the right to update this Policy to reflect changes to our information practices by prominently posting notice of the update on our Website, and as required, obtaining your consent. Any updates will become effective immediately after posting the updates to this Policy and apply to all information collected about you, or where required, upon your consent. You agree that you will review this Policy periodically. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. You are free to decide whether or not to accept a modified version of this Policy, but accepting this Policy, as modified, is required for you to continue using our websites. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy or any modified version of this Policy, your sole recourse is to terminate your use of our websites.
If we make any changes to this Policy that materially impacts previously collected information about you, we will obtain your prior express consent.
X. CONTACT US If you have any questions about this Policy or information we have collected about you, please contact us by email at email@example.com